In the United States, an environmental site assessment is a report prepared for a real estate holding that identifies potential or existing environmental contamination liabilities. The analysis, often called an ESA, typically addresses both the underlying land as well as physical improvements to the property.
Solutech Environmental Consultants (Solutech) believes our expertise in accurate site assessments and cost-effective remediation is an advantage that few others can offer. Our approach to your soil, soil vapor and/or groundwater concern is simple. We listen to your problem and your desired outcome, and customize budget-friendly, effective, and timely solutions.
Our personnel, including geoscientists and engineers, have successfully investigated and remediated properties impacted by heavy metals, pesticides, chlorinated solvents, petroleum and hazardous waste on both small and complex sites throughout the continental United States, Hawaii and the Caribbean. Our work has been completed under numerous programs including the United States Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA) Superfund, CERCLA, RCRA, and Brownfields programs, and State petroleum and voluntary cleanup programs.
Assessment & Remediation Services include:
- Investigations of soil, groundwater, sediment or soil gas
- Air sparging
- Chemical oxidation or the injection of reactive chemical oxidants into the soil and/or groundwater to destroy contaminants
- Chelating to mobilize and remove metals from soil
- Legal proceedings, support and expert witness services
- Natural attenuation groundwater monitoring
- Operation and maintenance of remedial systems
- Over-excavation and treatment or disposal of contaminated soils
- Risk-based corrective actions
- Source removal
- Soil vacuum extraction
- Tank closure (underground and aboveground) and assessments
- Vapor extraction systems
Example Project Listings:
- Fast-track tank closure assessments along right-of-ways in Fort Lauderdale and other cities.
- Cleanup at a golf course under the FDEP Petroleum Pre-approval program contract as prime contractor. Innovations included the use of a mobile lab and the design and installation of an ozone/peroxide injection system for destruction of organic contaminants in less than three months.
- A Soil Management Plan for the Scott Carver Homes Site in Miami (Historic Liberty City Area). The project encompassed two blocks of existing roadway and infrastructure removal, and excavation and disposal of over 100,000 cubic yards of heavy metal impacted soils.
- Short-term dewatering permitting for an underground construction project at a bulk petroleum plant in Hialeah, FL.
- Response to a helicopter crash on behalf of the property owner.
- RCRA closure of a Ferro-Silicate Foundry in Keokuk, Iowa
- Enhanced bioremediation of an existing dry cleaner in Jacksonville, Florida
- Enhanced bioremediation and source removal of a closed dry cleaner in Palm Beach Gardens during site redevelopment proceedings
- LSSI closure of three industrial properties in Ft. Lauderdale, Bradenton and Daytona Beach, Florida