Environmental planning concerns itself with the decision making processes where they are required for managing relationships that exist within and between natural systems and human systems. Environmental planning endeavors to manage these processes in an effective, orderly, transparent and equitable manner for the benefit of all constituents within such systems for the present and for the future. Present day environmental planning practices are the result of continuous refinement and expansion.
Solutech Environmental Consultants (Solutech) understands the importance of current environmental issues. Our professionals provide practical, timely and cost effective solutions tailored to the unique needs of each project, large or small, including assessments, evaluations, impact statements, mitigation and monitoring plans, permitting and surveys.
We provide a wide range of professional services with a client-driven focus.
Solutech’s personnel include arborists, biologists, divers, marine engineers, naturalists and others that can form multidisciplinary teams or work individually to meet your needs. Solutech’s experienced personnel have successfully addressed environmental issues throughout the continental United States, Hawaii and the Caribbean.
Natural resource and environmental protection services include:
- Phase I/II environmental site assessments (ASTM and AAI Compliant)
- National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) assessments
- Developments of regional impact (DRI) and environmental impact statements
- Wetland assessment and delineation
- Wetland creation and enhancement
- Wetland mitigation plans and monitoring
- Upland/tree surveys
- Purchase of off-site mitigation credits, onsite wetland enhancement, and mitigation banking
- Threatened and endangered species surveys, take permits, trapping/capture and relocation
- Environmental protection plans
- Stormwater pollution prevention plans
- Spill contingency, control and countermeasure (SPCC) plans
- Surface water quality and stormwater discharge monitoring
- Hydrographic surveys
- Dredge monitoring
- Benthic ecological assessments
- Archeological/cultural resource assessments
- Regulatory agency liaison and preparation of environmental permit applications
Example Project Listings
- Benthic ecological assessments with an emphasis on seagrass populations that may serve as grazing areas for the West Indian manatee (Trichechus manatus).
- Capture and relocation of a gopher tortoise (Gopherus polyphemus) population from a west coast Florida multi-family residential development to a park in Lee County, Florida Park.
- Design of a phytoremediation buffer between an existing housing project and a needlerush (Juncus roemerianus) salt water marsh.
- Florida scrub jay (Aphelocoma coerulescens) surveys on the southeast coast of Florida.
- Recent studies along the Upper Mississippi River Basin included an Indiana Bat (Myotis sodalis) assessment and a zebra mussel (Dreissena polymorpha) survey during a dredging project.